Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Preface 1



Around February 2006
That day I heard news that Al Azhar Syifa Budi (One of Junior High School that is located in Bogor regebcy) will make a Mathematic Olympiad for Elementary School students. I knew the representatives that would be chosen are those genius kids, those whom the teachers trained to compete in an olympiad. And that was not me, not a poor boy like me, a boy whose book supplies are limited. It's true, teachers didn't choose me as the representative for that competition. Days had passed, I heard that another Mathematic Olympiad would be held by PASIAD in Pribadi Bilingual Boarding School. I never knew why excitements fulfilled my body that day, in fact I didn't know what is PASIAD or where on earth is Pribadi Bilingual Boarding School. Finally, with 10.000 rupiahs as the enrollment fee I register for it. Another days had passed and the time had come, the day when the olympiad would be held. I departed from SDN Pajeleran 01 (Pajeleran 01 Primary School a.k.a my school) with my fellows. Once I arrived at Pribadi, I didn't go to the olympiad room directly because there were 50 minutes to go. Then, my teacher decided to wander around the school. Pribadi is really good, if it was a girl it would be so gorgeous. Pribadi looked like a school in western movies that I saw from TV. Whereas it looked so small from the inside. I had never been in school this good before, my school's table is full of random doodles and hole on some part of it because it's eaten by termites.Wander and wanter, till my eyes found a room with "Turkish Language Laboratory" on it. I asked on my mind what is Turkish language? Where is Turkey? Unfortunately the bell rang, means the olympiad will be begun soon. So that day I left myself in a big curiosity and it never ceased to cross my mind.

Time went and went, because of a limited information source and that day internet isn't as popular as these days. I buried my curiosity. Buried it on the bottom part of my mind, so my cells couldn't see.

April 2011
April was busy, busier than Jakarta's traffic. I had to register for this, for that and for everything. National Examination was straight ahead my eyes, but I felt like living with no weight on my shoulders. My hobby that day was looking for a scholarship abroad. I didn't knew why I was so obsessed by the word "abroad", obsessed by sharp-nosed-and-tall people and subtropical country. Scholarships for a Junior High School graduate was so rare that day. If there was one, it may be only for those who got a gold medal on either National Science Olympiad or the international one. Not a love-to-procrastinate-kind-of dude like me. But it's not a barrier for me. Once a hobby always a hobby. Finally and fortunately I found a scholarship to Turkey for Undergraduate studies in Indonesian Embassy for Turkey website. Bachelor degree? Well 3 years of waiting isn't really that long I guess.

Time goes and goes, my business makes me forget about my AIM. my BIGGEST GOAL.

Earlier December 2012
I'll graduate soon. GRADUATE. So happy to know I get the acceleration class, so I'll study for 2 years instead of 3 years. My hobby is still the same. LOOKING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD. HUNTING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD. or whatever it really is. I was also busied by the fact that I had to study for SBMPTN (National Selection of State University), National Examination and other stuffs that have something to do with University Exam. And finally, when I was browsing for a scholarships. I found the Turkiye Burlsri scholarship again, the one that I found 2 years ago but in a different website. That day I was so enthusiastic, it seemed like something just ignited the light that had been dead for a long time.

Gap between Januari and May 2013
I searched and searched the information of Turkiye Burslari. Reading blogs of those who had been in Turkey before I slept, every time I got a break from studying. Those what ignite my spirits. Sometimes I get sad every time I read it, I always imagine if that person was me and I was there, in a place where solstice and equinox occurs, the place where all you can see is people with European faces. Sometimes I dreamed a lot about it, dreaming about living there, dreaming about being there. I did share my story to my friend, every time they asked me where do I want to continue my studies. I answered with Turkey. I saw their faces, I saw they laughed on me somewhere because of my impossible to reach kind of dream.

June 6th 2013
The National Selection of State University result had been announced on May 27th and so happy to know that my name was on that list, on University of Indonesia students list, on Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering students list. I never knew if this would happen, never knew if I'll be one of thousands who will study in one of well-known university in Indonesia. Happiness surrounds me immediately, an abundant amount of happiness precisely. I'm speechless, total speechless. God is wonderful.Today is the deadline of Turkiye Burslari scholarships registration, scholarships that I've been waiting for 2 years. A country that left me in curiosity since I was in primary school. That day I lost my spirit, I lost my passion. I haven't registered for it and it will be closed in several hours. I was puzzled whether to register or not, but then my dad told me to register for it and he always supported me. So, in the cold night when the rain pours down I decided to go the internet cafe (because my modem was so slow to upload documents that day). When submitting the documents, one of my documents hadn't been signed by the headmaster and it makes me hopeless to pass to the next stage of the scholarship selection. I lost my hope, I lost my dream.


TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment: