Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's Officially Been 2.62974e6 Seconds


Hi everyone, you guys might wonder why I haven't posted any post in a while (okay this may sound like there were anyone care about what I posted in blog). So I was browsing around YouTube looking for watch-worthy videos before finally found a video that motivate me to make the video above. So why I made the video? Well, I realized that video tells more stories than picture and in case you were also wondering how the place I live right now looks like. I made it using Adobe Effects CS6, I had just started learning the software. I collected the video for 2 days, actually the total of the video length is approximately 1 hours and half, before ended up to be a 3 minutes video.

Anndddddd..... It's officially been a month since I lived here (A month and one day since I left home). I never know I could have been this far and Turkey is beyond my expectation. I mean being here was just an impossible dream that suddenly crossed my mind long ago and now I'm here. Surrounded by million unusual faces. I was thinking to do a Q&A, with me as the one who asks and also me the one who will answer it. The writing that I post below is 'what I've savored in a month' so it may change as time goes.

Describe Turkey in a short sentence!
Well, Turkey is really amazing as those articles you may find over the internet told you. No lies.

The differences between Turkey and Indonesia?
There are so many differences, I guess. I don't know whether all of these are true because I saw it from my own point of view.
- in Turkey, touching another person's head symbolizes affection, regardless age and gender. In Indonesia, touching another person's head is something rude and disrespectful.
- The portion of foods, I mean Turks' food portion is like twice Indonesian's portion of foods
- Turks usually greet other people they know by saying Nasılsın or Nasılsınız (The formal one) everywhere, but in Indonesia people usually greet others by bowing it's head to each other.
- Turkey is well-organized and you will rarely find any rubbish
- You could see Turkish Flag everywhere because most of them are nationalist, also you can find Mustafa Kemal Attaturk's statue, quote and portrait almost in every place.
- They drink tea all the time.
- and so on

The similarities between Indonesia and Turkey?
- Most of the people here are Muslims and you can easily find women using their head scarfs, like what occurred in Indonesia.
- Their super hospitable to strangers, just like most of Indonesians
- Everything in Turkey is 'almost' as affordable as in Indonesia. So don't worry.
- and so on

Reasons to live in Turkey?
Hospitable people, affordable prices, good places, sub-tropical country and well-organized

Reasons to leave from Turkey?
I haven't found one.

Remarkable moments in Turkey?
- Found my 2nd family, Indonesians in Kocaeli. The BEST.
- Been supposed as Indian, Arabian and etc.
- Couldn't register for phone, simcard and bank account because I had to be 18 years old first.
- Traveled Izmit by myself
- Had some people drove me to dromitory
- Been given things by Turks
- Celebrated Sofwan Abi's birthday
- Went to Istanbul
- Homesick;  Homesick;  Homesick;  Homesick;  Homesick;  Homesick;  Homesick.
- Went outside without any clothes that can make me warmer
- Stepping on a dog s***
- Been stared at, like all the times
- Eating Indonesian food in one of Indonesian's home
- Eating 1/2 kilos of Baklava in 2 days
- Drinking Ayran (I don't like Ayran)
- Fell in love with Kofte (A food that looked like meatball in Indonesia)
- Had problems with my fingerprints and it's still happening now
- Enjoy Autumn

My Plans for the future
- Making many friends, regardless gender, skin color or nationality
- Travel all over the country

The conclusion is I never regret my decision to stay here. Both Turkey and Turks never cease to amaze me everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment