Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Glimpse of A Week in Turkey


Been traveling a lot
Well, it's not really a trip or something. But I count visiting new places just for registering something as traveling. Someday when I can speak Turkish fluently I'll travel all over the country.

No longer being a 'vegan' (a half-vegan)
I guess I'm no longer being a vegan, or half-vegan. I eat meats a lot here. I didn't like it at first, but as time goes, I'm getting used to it.

Been eating new species of foods
The foods in Turkey are a little bit tasteless, they don't put so much seasonings as we did in Indonesia. But overall, it still tastes good for me.

TOMER class is fun
TOMER (Turkish preparation course) starts from nine in the morning to a half past three in the afternoon. with a one and half break between it. It was fun, especially when you know the teachers teach Turkish using Turkish language. Makes you either choose to be confused or enjoying the process.

Your dormitory is your heaven
I never expected my dormitory to be this good. I feel like living in a hotel, freely.

Baklava çok lezetli
Baklava is one of Turkish cuisine which is made of flour and nuts I think. It tastes really good and super sweet. Hopefully, I wouldn't catch any diabetes.

Holding hands between boys is normal
In Turkey, holding hands between boys are normal and some cheek kissing between boys are normal too here. It's like eating using bare hand is normal in Indonesia. It's a culture, and you're so narrow-minded to relate it with something gay.

TURKISH ARE SUPER HOSPITABLE
Wherever you go, Turks will always help you, especially if they know you're coming from Indonesia (They call it Endonezya). I've been helped a lot. I couldn't be happier that I decided to pick Turkey as a destination for my undergraduate study.

Welcome to the modern country
I'm not living a big and crowded city but here is so modern. We use card to pay buses, we use fingerprint to buy foods. So many differences from Indonesia.

My Fingerprints doesn't work
So my fingerprint doesn't work. Maybe it's sore because of the cold weather outside and again the Abi (A name you use to call men who are older than you) is really helpful. Eventhough we speak different languages. But no, it's not a barrier.

The weather drops to 6 degree celcius
When I come to Turkey the weather is still as hot as in Indonesia. But the following day the weather is getting colder and colder.

1 comment:

  1. izin fudul.. cie makan daging :)) mau foto dormnya dong kak... kepo tea tapi beneran penasaran:( wkwk

    ReplyDelete