Saturday, December 21, 2013

Difficulties are Not The Reason To Give Up


Senin ülkende soy işim yok, değil mi?
"In your country there is no such a last-name thing right"

Evet Abi, yok
"Yes Abi, there's no"

Nasıl olabilir
"How can it happen?"

Mısal, Haries Ramdhani adıysa, onun babasının adında Ramdhani yok olabilir
Example, if his name is Haries Ramdhani. His fathers name doesnt include Ramdhani is possıble

Ah tamam. Bu yüzden nasıl senin işmin diyorum? Muhamad mı? Haries mi? Ramdhani mi?
"So how do I call you, Muhamad, Haries or Ramdhani"

Haries Abi
"Haries, Abi"

"Sen biliyor musun Türkiye'de Haries ne demek?"
"Do you know what is the meaning of Haries in Turkey?"

"Hayir, bilmiyorum"
"No, I don't know"
 
Aç gözlü demek, Aç gözlü biliyor musun?
"It means aç gözlü, do you know what is the meaning of that?"

Hayir bilmiyorum
"No, Abi"
 
Her şeyi istiyorsun, mısal bu benim bilgisayarim istiyorsun
"It means it's the person who wants everything, example this is my computer and you want it"

*laughing*

Kaç kardeşin var
"How many sibling does you have?"

Iki kardeşim var
 "I have two brother"

Hangi bölüm okuyacaksın?
"What is the major you will be studying?"

Moleküler biyoloji ve genetik, Abi
"Molecular biology and genetics, Abi"

Profesör mü olacaksin?
"Are you going to be a professor?"

Inşallah Abi
"InshaAllah, Abi"

Ahhh, iyi. Profesör olacaksan, bizi ziyaret edecek mi?
"Ahh, good. If you're going to be a professor, will you still visit us?"

Tabii ki, inşallah. Ama ben Kocaeli Üniversitesinde ögrenci degilim, Abi. bu yüzden gelecek yıl ben Gebze'ye taşinacağım
"Of course abi, inshaAllah. But I'm not a student of Kocaeli University. That's why next year I'll move to Gebze"

Taşınacak mısın? Nasıl ya, biz seni sevdik ama sen bizden ayrılacaksın
"Will you move? How can? I mean we have liked you but you're going to leave us "

Hayır, hayır. Taşınmayacaksın, sen burada kal!
"No, no, no. You will not move, you stay here!

Nasıl  yaa abi
"How can Abi?"

Kocaeli'den Gebze'ye kaç saat?
"How many hours does it take to go from Kocaeli to Gebze?"

Bir buçuk saat, Abi
"One and half hours, Abi"

Tamam, sen burada kalacaksın
"Okay, you will stay here"

*laughing*

What you see above is the conversation between me and the 2 Guvenlik last night. Actually it was a long conversation and a make-me-happy-kind-of conversation, but I got this incapability (laziness) to write a long conversation. (ps: forgive me for my Turkish)

Life is getting harder, here (I mean it's not a beautiful life if it's not that hard). Not the lesson, not regarding money. It's actually because of the stupid-me who can't able to be in a stable state. Day passed with insecurities, insecurities over things which are not even important and have something to do to my life. I was guessing the lability is caused by the puberty or something and I guessed it normal to experience such insecurities, when you are in the teenager phase. I do feel the lonesomeness every single seconds, when I feel like winter wind, the warmness from the heater and oxygen are the only things that accompany me. When I hear people's voices but I don't recognize their existence. But fortunately people in this dormitory always make me realize, that as long as I live, I'll never be alone. Lonesomeness are just perception. There's no such a lonesomeness in the world. You'll never be alone, the wind will always blow it's coolness over you, the warmness from the heater will always embrace you with it's warmth and the oxygen will always accompany you till you die.

I like how the Guvenliks threat me very good, threat me like I belong here. I like how Komron Abi helps me through everything and acts like my elder brother. I like how Mas Ahmad keep me talking instead of dying in silence. I like how Tanju will always be together with me in Facebook. I like the fact that I can share everything to Mas Rizky because we are suffering the same condition. I like how Mas Sofwan being so helpful in every single way. I like the fact that I'm still able to speak Indonesian with the other Indonesians. I like how the Turks randomly give me things and welcome me well. I like how the Ablas who work in canteen give me extra portion of potatoes in the morning and call me çocuğum. I like how Kinena makes me laugh by his silly sentences. I like every single nano-second I spend here. Whether it's good or bad. Whether it's with loneliness or crowded people. I like every one I met here. Whether they're white or black. Whether they're foreigners or Turks. I like living here and I'll never regret my decisions. Difficulties are not the reason to give up, I know I just need time to adapt with such condition.

1 comment:

  1. it must be very hard to live millions miles away from our beloved family. this help me so much to prepare my self more until i get out from my comfort zone and convince my self that lonesomeness isnt exist.

    ReplyDelete