Monday, November 21, 2016

A Letter to Myself


I know in the past three years, things have been hard, some things even have got out of control. You slept less and less each semester, struggling with the never-ending headaches and trying to keep sane. Everyday is just another day of trying to stay alive, trying to still look happy and believing that no matter what happened, something good is going to happen in the end. I heard that you blamed yourself too much, you even hurt yourself the other day. 

I know that you kept thinking whether you look so sh*t and stupid or not, you kept asking yourself if this is the right thing to do and if this is what you wanted. I know you have been knocked down several times, knocked down so hard that you couldn't even get up sometimes. I know some people had acted rude to you and hurt you without realizing what they did. I know some things had not met your expectations. 

....and the most important is I know you missed the old you, I know you wished that you could have comeback to the time when it is always rainbow and butterflies.

I just want you to know that you don't look sh*t and stupid, you are still the old Haries that everyone knew. The only thing that changed with you is you become stronger than you were before, you become wiser. It's okay to be pessimistic sometimes but don't let it extinguish the fire within you, the fire that I saw 5 years ago. If you ever feel lonely or sad, I just want to remind you that you have people around you who love you for who you are, some people might act rude, didn't like you and are not happy with what you're doing, but it doesn't mean that everyone doesn't love you and doesn't want to be near you.  Whichever the route you chose, you chose the best route. Believe me, everything is going to be good in the end not because I'm an optimistic person but because I believe in you. I believe in Haries.

No comments:

Post a Comment