Thursday, June 19, 2014

“...maybe you're right, I did”



“You changed, I don't even recognize who you are”

“I did not... as to I am not and I will never”
<silence>
“Maybe I just stopped being what you expected me to be or you dreamed me to be”
<silence>
“....or maybe you accustomed to your new life and forgot who I really was”
<silence>
“....or you just don't know me, you haven't seen the real me”
<silence>
“or maybe you're right, I did.”
<long silence>

“But why?”

“Maybe I'm tired of my old life, of the memories that I tried to leave behind but I couldn't, of the things that life promised me but didn't turn into reality, of the wounds that time tried to heal but it just made it worse instead, of the pictures that I wished it faded with the fogs but haunted me every night”
<sighs>

“... or I'm ashamed of who I was, of how stupid I was to easily believed in the sky, moon, stars, galaxies, universe and the past”
“..... or maybe I grew and realized that everyone needs to change at least once in their lifetime.”

“But I miss you and by you I tried to say the old you”

“If I could have transformed charcoal into new looking woods, I would”
<another deep silence>
“....or haven't you badly ripped papers and tried to make a book out of it? You know, you couldn't. You can only create a mosaic and weep and cry and regret of how dare you ripped it in the first place and no matter how hard you try it will still stay as the splits of papers, not the papers. Because regret always appears on the end of the story, coming from nothing but knowing where it should land. You know, the story of one who went and thought s/he was the winner and one who stayed and also thought s/he was the winner but in the end both of them regret of what they did. It's life.”

“But doesn't everyone deserve a second chance” 

“Do they?”
<silence>
<silence>
<silence>
<silence>
“....a second chance for trying to rebuild a house from a pack of playing cards which they know in the end it will collapse and then again asking for second chance? And the cycle will keep cycling to infinity?”
<silence>
“....but really, what is the point of living in debris or inside the house which used to be a debris. Why don't people try to find another new habitat and construct a new happiness?”
<silence>
“....because they know they will not find the same materials as those that they used for building the old house? or because they know it will take long time to get used to the new one? or because they're afraid they will not and will never accustom to it?”
<long and never ending silence>

No comments:

Post a Comment